Sunday, November 15, 2009

Swine Flu

I recently had the swine flu and it was no day at the beach. I started getting a small cough when I was riding my bike home from work one day. I thought it was only a cold, but last Sunday I started feeling really crappy. I started feeling achy and it felt like someone was sitting on my chest. Later that night I woke up at 4 in the morning freezing in my bed. I got up and took my temperature. I had a fever of 101%, so I knew that I had the swine flu. I was hoping that I would wake up the next morning with nothing wrong with me, but it never happens. I woke up the next day and felt even worse. My fever was still only 101%, so I thought that's as bad as it was going to get. I, of course, didn't go to school that day and stayed home watching TV all day. Later that after noon, I could barley stand up to go to the bathroom I felt so crappy. I took my temperature again and it was 102.4%. It was getting really high. I kept getting cold and hot again. I took my temp again a little later and it was up to 103.1. I felt the worst I had felt all week that hour. It finally went down after a while and I had an appetite for the first time that day. That night I had the craziest dreams. I always have really weird dreams when I have a fever. I had a fever again at about 4 in the morning and it was up 103.3, the highest it got. I was so uncomfortable that I could barely sleep that night. The next day, all I did was watch TV again all day. I got up at noon and watched I watched Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, then I watched the worst Chuck Norris movies. After that I watched The Best of Dana Carve from Saturday Night Live with my brother in law. Then my girl friend came to visit me and my sister, brother in law, girl friend, and I watched Boondocks Saints. Then everyone left but my girlfriend and we watched Spinal Tap. All I did that day was watch TV. The next day, Wednesday, I didn't have a fever anymore. I finally started feeling normal again. I probably could have gone to school that Thursday, but I decided to stay home to get totally better. I had missed an entire week of school so now I have a lot of make up work to do, but at least I don't have to worry about getting the Swine Flu anymore.








No comments:

Post a Comment